Courses which help you prepare for higher education and give you a professional training.
WIDE RANGE OF FIELDS
- Creative arts and design
- Business, Management and Administration
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Law and legal studies
- Healthcare and Medicine
- Computer, science and IT maths
- Arquitechure, construction and planning
- Travel, tourism and hospitality
- Music, dance and drama
- Sport, Fitness and Excersice science
- Built environment
Help you prepare for higher education at a university or college. They aim to develop your analytical skills, critical thinking and knowledge.
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE): One-year courses, considered as a Level 4 or Level C
- Foundation degrees, theHigher National Diploma (HND), and the Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE): Two-years courses, considered a Level 5 or Level I
They offer technical training and skills for the workplace. They combine classroom-based learning and independent study with practical training. At this level you specialise in a few subjects.
- The Diploma: The most popular choice for students without industry experience who want to gain a professional qualification.
- National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs): If you have some experience in the workplace, these courses certificates that you have the knowledge and practical ability to carry out your job to the required standard.